Missouri Militia Policies, Principles & Ethics
The policy of this volunteer organization is to teach, lead and live the following principles and ethics.
Missouri Militia General Orders
- Uphold and defend the Constitution
- Complete the mission
- Defend the state from tyranny, invasion and terrorism
- Educate and inform the citizenry
- Mobilize in time of crisis
- Maintain unit integrity
Principles of Leadership
- Know yourself and seek self improvement
- Be technically and tactically proficient
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions
- Make sound and timely decisions
- Lead by example
- Know your teammates and look out for their welfare
- Keep your teammates informed
- Develop responsibility in your teammates
- Ensure the task is understood, supervised, and accomplished
- Employ your unit within its capabilities
Loyalty – Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, your community, your unit and other soldiers.
Duty – Fulfill your obligations.
Respect – Treat people as they should be treated.
Selfless Service – Put the welfare of the nation, your community and your subordinates before your own.
Honor – Live up to the core values.
Integrity – Do what’s right, legally and morally.
Personal Courage – Face fear, danger or adversity (physical or moral.)
The Warrior Ethos
I demonstrate love through the faithful safeguard of my tribe and respect the honorable bonds with my fellow Warriors. I am able to endure defeat, imprisonment, scorn, and even death, but never dishonor. Excellence, although elusive, is my lifelong pursuit.